Thursday, November 10, 2005

Home Is Where The Heart Is

This one comes from one of my favorite cities in the world – Chennai!! Yep – I love Chennai. I may be in any country, but I always feel a sense of home coming every time I arrive at Chennai. Today, I am on transit – heading back to Dubai for my second (and final) semester of college. I got into Chennai early this morning. Had four hours before catching my flight out. Decided to make full use of it by visiting couple of my relatives, having some yummy lunch and juicy conversation. (There is nothing like having a chat session with the relatives. Always feels good to catch up on the family gossip.)

Looks like it has been pouring in Chennai last couple of days. Totally gloomy outside. It’s a perfect day to be curled up in a blanket and having a bowl of piping hot soup. The city of course is as usual bursting with life – A ‘lil rain never stopped Chennaites!! The only way for me to describe the roads in Chennai is “Organized Chaos.” It’s one of those things that works very well here. I doubt a system such of this would ever work in US or Dubai. People would probably go nuts!

Chennai to me has this awesome fusion of old world charm together with modernization. Oh, I’m sure it would never compare to a Mumbai or a Bangalore, but makes its own statement. I have been in and out of Chennai since 1993, and it never fails to amaze me. The city changes just a teeny bit each time I am here. I can almost say that I have seen the city evolving – at an excitingly fast pace.

People who said that there is nothing except Idli, Dosa and Nalli Silk Sari in Chennai better beware. This city has a habit of creeping up on you, and before you know it – you’ll become a Chennaite at heart. The city offers the whole nine yards – eating joints, night life, and entertainment – yep, it’s all there! So, the next time you get a chance, make sure you drop in. Who knows, you may even decide to stay back!

Ok – enough of Chennai bragging.

So, after a quick lunch, I rushed back to the airport only to realize that the flight is delayed by 2 hours! Damn!!! One of the things that I dislike is waiting at the airport to catch a flight. Although, I must say that I am totally impressed. The airport has been done up since my last visit – exactly one year back. A lot cleaner and efficient – very nice... Oh, and also some younger and cute staff working here. I like!!!

Oh, looks like my flight has been called. Gotta run. Will post his ASAP. Next posting from Dubai!! Adieu….

2 comments:

Suderman said...

oye...
inna??
oorku vanthutu phone pannama poitae?

Quirkilicious said...

:( Sorry - Trip was VERY short...besides ne online e varalai. Pinna phone number illai..eppadi phone pannardu? Necxht tima Chelllaamm...